Thursday, March 5, 2009

At Wal-Mart With Pilot!


Yesterday, my girl took me to Wal-Mart to get some groceries and to meet up with my brother Pilot (He's wearing the orange halti and the blue lead, I'm wearing red)! I didn't know that I was going to meet him. I was very happy to see him but I knew I couldn't play as we both had our service jackets on. After a few sniffs, both of our girls had us practicing loose leash walking (walking beside you without pulling on the leash). Pilot did a sit-stay which sparked an idea in my girl's mind. Play a game of “Doggie in the Middle” where one puppy is in a sit-stay while the other dog practices loose leash walking around them as a distraction. It worked well, it was hard not to look at my brother walking all the way around me but I was very good and looked at my girl instead.

After playing a number of sit-stay and down-stay games and practicing a lot of loose leash walking my girl got the courage to drop the leash while we where walking right beside Pilot.

If I did run away (which I didn’t!!) she knew that I would go to the other side of her to visit Pilot. After Wal-Mart my girl took me to another store where she didn’t use the leash (she had it in her belt loop) the whole time. This afternoon is puppy class at the mall and Charis hopes I will do as well in the puppy class.

Look at us, two little aisle guard dogs.






After that entire excursion, I was so tired all I wanted to do was to play with my bull and sleeeeeeeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment